God has given us a detailed picture of the things that are to come. I attempt to detail that picture as a beautiful interwoven tapestry of God’s grace to humanity (main menu HERE). He has given us no more, and no less than we need to know, at the time we need to know it. The missing pieces will fill in as these things take place. The closer we get, the clearer the picture comes into focus. God’s signs include a picture of the church, a picture of society, the Revelation 12 sign, the Great Pyramid sign, the Fig Tree sign, among others.
Satan is fully aware that the end is near. He doesn’t know when (we won’t know the day or the hour, remember?), but he is getting prepared. As soon as the Restrainer (Holy Spirit in the Body of Christ) is removed, satan will act on his plan. The ‘mystery of lawlessness’ is already at work and the world is being bombarded with imagery mocking God’s Word.
Before we discuss examples, let’s look at an Old Testament evil seer named Balaam.
Balaam was an evil prophet at the time when Israel was about to enter the Promised Land. His story is interesting in that while he was hired to curse the children of Israel, he was used by God to repeatedly pronounce blessings upon them. This infuriated his employer, King Balak, and together they came up with a plan for Israel to curse herself – through idolatry and sexual immorality. Unfortunately, that plan worked. This event can be found in Numbers 22-23 and is summarized well by gotquestions HERE.
The main point of my mentioning Balaam isn’t because of idolatry and sexual immorality, although those ARE huge problems today – even in the “church”. The point is that sometimes God allows unbelievers to proclaim His messages, in spite of themselves. They likely have very little awareness of the meaning behind what they proclaim. Collectively, these messages are loudly announcing that humanity has almost filled the cup of God’s wrath and that God is about to act. Let’s go through some examples:
- The Terminal Generation – Generation “Z”. We know from the Fig Tree Sign that at some point there will be a generation that sees both the establishment of Israel as a nation (which occurred May 1948) and the Second Coming of Christ at the end of the “Tribulation”. How interesting that the current generation of individuals is being born into what society has called “Generation Z“. Even wikipedia calls it an “apocalyptic-sounding group”. Interesting that one of this generation’s taglines is that it is Global.
- New World Order – “The Illuminati is an elite organization of world leaders, business authorities, innovators, artists, and other influential members of this planet.” I let the Illuminati speak for themselves – “The Illuminati’s religious foundation is based upon this universal conundrum of faith and doubt. We do not question whether a god does or does not exist, but rather focus on the betterment of the human people living on this planet. Our decisions are made by the study of data and evidence — factors that can be easily altered by a omniscient creature in order to guide our actions and the future of mankind.” If their website doesn’t scream the coming deception, I’m not sure what does. Their mottos include Annuit coeptis (meaning “favor our undertakings”) and Novus ordo seclorum (meaning “new order of the ages”).
- WW1 & WW2 – While our world has always been filled with war, it had never been global in nature before WW1&2. The world wars, specifically, are significant in end times prophecy because they provided the motivation for the Jews to re-establish their nation and return to their ancient homeland. Adolf Hitler, with his anti-Semitism and ideals of a “pure race”, seems to be a type of runner-up to the coming “antichrist”.
- Wars and Rumors of Wars – This is a general sign marking the church age, a “Braxton Hicks” sign that is increasing: It seems that the number of wars worldwide has been steadily increasing since 1870. I heard on talk radio the other day that there have only been 21 war-free days worldwide since the end of WWII (according to the United Nations). There certainly have been lots of small-scale wars since 1950.
- Nation Rising Against Nation – The sign mentioned by Jesus in the Olivet Discourse of nation rising against nation and kingdom against kingdom can’t occur until AFTER Israel was established as a nation (fig tree budding) and is still future. For the first time in the history of mankind we have developed the technology to potentially annihilate ourselves. In the last century we have developed biological weapons. Chemical weapons. Nuclear weapons. And these have all been tested and utilized on a small scale. Will these be part of the Seal 2 Red Horse riding forth?
- Transportation and Information Explosion – Daniel 12:4 – But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.” The time of the End will be marked by huge increases in man’s travel ability and intellectual knowledge. Only in the last 120 years or so has mankind gone from walking and riding horses to routine motor vehicle, train, and air travel – and has even traveled to space. Only in the last few decades have computers, the internet, and cellular capabilities been available globally. Knowledge is expanding at such a great rate that we have called this the “information age”.
- Global Communication – As English takes over as the most commonly spoken language around the globe, and translation software and technology rapidly advances, the Tower of Babel is brought to mind. Our “tower” may not reach to the heavens (although we certainly have those too), but man seems to be circumventing the judgment of God to confuse our speech. We truly are global for the first time since the dawn of humanity. That can’t be a good thing in God’s eyes. Genesis 11:6-7 “The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”
- Doomsday Bunkers – The rich are building and stocking Apocalypse Bunkers...
I can’t even begin to touch on all the symbolism in what has been released over the last number of decades through the entertainment industry. It seems music and movies are the prime stages to drop sign-bombs. “Sign, sign, everywhere a sign” indeed. I’m not one to read current events into Biblical Prophecies – I don’t think that’s responsible or biblical. However, the general decline of morality in society and the alignment with end time principles (a one world government, a one world religion, a deception of satan that God supports with a delusion, economic collapse, natural disasters increasing, wars, etc) highlights the impending nature of Christ’s return. Unsealed has more information on these, as does the Daily Crow.
My 6 year old son wants me to tell you to “Hurry to change your wicked ways” – you don’t want to be around for the wickedness that is coming on the world.
Are you CERTAIN of your Salvation, beyond a shadow of a doubt? Do you KNOW that no matter when the rapture occurs, you will be counted worthy to escape? If not, please read What Must I do to Be Saved.
The Bible is infallible. I am not. Be a Berean – examine the scriptures for yourself to see if these things are so!